Saturday, March 5, 2011

Enjoying Life's Simple Pleasures

Whenever I tell people that I'm going into my shop on a Saturday many seem shocked that I actually "work" on a weekend.

Frankly, I don't see what's so mystifying about this.

There are some people I know who absolutely hate what they do for a living, but they stick with it because the money's too good. Ironically, some of these same people tell me that they plan to retire one day so they can take up custom woodworking as a full time hobby.

If that's true, when the day comes that I chose to retire from my "work" what would be an appropriate hobby for me? Custom woodwork?

As Confucius once said: "Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life."

Having said that, I am at "work" this morning making drawings for a couple of cool new furniture commissions that have come my way recently.




In front of me is my coffee, which is my favorite way to start the day.
("I love the smell of coffee in the morning. It smells like....caffeine.")





Some tunes are also playing, including "Kashmir" by Led Zeppelin.

I'm working on today being another good day.

2 comments:

  1. John...I'm here in the showroom today, drinking a quad-shot capp and listening to Pink Floyd. The Led Zeppelin comes on after noon for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quad-shot? I'm impressed. That's some serious caffeine. Pink Floyd will be my evening session a.k.a. have a cigar.

    ReplyDelete